Wednesday, August 15, 2012

8/15/12

Kenzie ate all of her whole wheat toast and a couple bites of mixed berries at breakfast.  At lunch she ate seconds on bean soup and all of her saltine crackers, ham and kiwi.

Kenzie was very excited about feeding the dolls with the new sippy cups.  She found one for Morgan, Emily and Riley to "feed" their dolls also, which was very sweet.

Kenzie was quite feisty this morning and tried to bite three different times that I saw.  I was able to catch her before she actually chomped two of the three, but Morgan was the unlucky recipient of that one.  Morgan was playing at one of end of the big block creation we had all made.  Kenzie didn't like something about that -- not anything I could see or figure out-- and just grabbed her arm and bit.  We have really decided to have a 0 tolerance for biting or other non-provoked aggressiveness. so immediately told her "Biting hurts our friends and we can't play with friends if we are going to hurt them!"  I took her to the back room to play alone for about 5 minutes.  A while later she pulled Emily's hair and tried to bite her also so I said the same thing and again took her back there.  She really doesn't enjoy being removed from her friends, so I am hoping that will really help make a connection and behavior change.  She didn't cry when I moved her either time, but was VERY ready to come join her friends after both breaks.  

She and Morgan did have fun playing in the same big block creation that the biting incident happened in later.  She told Morgan that she had made her "a bed" and they played "going to sleep" and "taking a nap" for quite some time.  

The neighbor across the street had her little grandson with her today and the kiddos were all clustered around the gate to watch and "talk" to him as he played in their front yard.  It looked really cute with them all focused on him while at the gate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment