Wednesday, November 14, 2012

11/14/12

Kenzie ate all of her peaches and about half of her mini bagel at breakfast.  At lunch Kenzie at all of her macaroni and cheese and her ham, most of her salad with ranch and abut half of her corn. 

Morgan was pretending that the mattress was a swimming pool and Kenzie was very excited to join her.  They were diving and "splashing" and really enjoying it. 

Just so you know, Kenzie has been being pretty aggressive the last day and a half.  Yesterday afternoon she bit two different kiddos and today there have been two already also.  Granted, she is having more control when she is biting and isn't biting as hard, either leaving no marks or just light marks all but one time.  It isn't just biting, but also grabbing, pushing, hitting and landing on the kiddos.  Today I finally had her go play in the back room by herself once and later when the back rooms had sleeping babies in them,  just sit outside the gate for a while.  The phrasing I have been using is that "I can't let you hurt the kiddos so I will have to move you out of the room if you aren't gentle with them." I really think she understands because when she is ready to try again, she either says that she "will be a good friend" or "be gentle with my friends".  If you have other suggestions, please let me know.  

Morgan and Kenzie were pretending it was bed time on the mattress.  They took turns telling each other, "Sorry Honey, but you have to go to sleep!"  I think Kenzie started it, but not sure.  She was the first one I heard say it anyway.  Probably hears the same thing herself.  : )

When we went to the back room, I sat with them and we played with the race cars.  They are pretty good sized and roll really well on the hardwood floors.  After doing it with just one to get the hang of it. I added another one and it got a little crazy.  They were just cracking up, especially when the cars "accidentally" crashed into each other.   

No comments:

Post a Comment