Friday, November 30, 2012

11/30/12

Kenzie ate about half of her malt-o-meal and raisins at breakfast. At lunch she ate all of her mixed fruit, tomato soup, macaroni noodles and about half of her spaghetti sauce with hamburger in it.

Kenzie started all of the children walking, running and walking backwards around the big bear this morning. She was even singing the song we sing about it -- "I am waking, walking, walking..." Emily, Riley and Thomas were all joining her.

Kenzie announced, "hey, it's decorate day!" I asked her if she wa going to go home and decorate for Christmas, and she put her little hands on her hips and said, "no, we already did that!" I guess 'decorate day' didn't mean what I assumed it meant!

I used a couple of the stuffed animals to illustrate some of the things Kenzie struggles with for her and how to handle it appropriately. All of the children ended up stopping what they are doing to watch and listen also, very intrigued. It is amazing how interesting a "lecture" can be with you add a couple props! : )

Kenzie and Morgan did some dramatic play cooking after our puppy lesson time. I don't know if it was just coincidence, but they played together quite well with no conflict!

In the back room, Kenzie was very proud of herself when she got a lot off of the Duplos on one of the Duplo plates all by herself. She asked me if I could take a picture of it to show her mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment