Friday, May 11, 2012

5/10/11

All of the bigger kiddos were very excited that Bode came to visit for a couple hours this morning.  His big brother, Tate, had a program at school that he was going to go to and mom needed to go into work but didn't want to run him across town for just a short period then pick him up for the program.  Bode is so great with the littler kiddos and did a wonderful job of entertaining them and leading them in some fun play.  He was teaching them some new stunts on the climber and mattress, "reading" to them, building with the big blocks and Duplos with them and showing them what letters the ABC banner had on them.  It was great! 

Kenzie again told me potty multiple times today and went a couple other times when I just took them.  We will try panties again starting Monday when we do another intensive round of training.  : ) 

Kenzie stack a couple of the duplo plates together and was carrying them around under her arm like they were a book.  She spontaneously told me, "this is my homework".  It cracked me up. 

I have noticed that for the last two or so weeks Kenzie has been much more cuddly and wanted to be close to either Gary or me (especially me).  I think I had talked about her wanting to go with me any time I left the room, but she has also wanted to "cuddle" much more with either of us.  We have seen this many times when a new sibling is on its way.  It is interesting because you would think that there really isn't even much of an indicator for them that anything is going to be different, but somehow they seem to pick up on it!  I have to say that I have been enjoying the extra cuddle times because she has always been a little too busy for them!  : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment