Thursday, May 24, 2012

5/24/12

Kenzie ate second on both cinnamon toast and fresh strawberries at breakfast.  We substituted them for grapes since Wal-mart was out of grapes when I went shopping.  At lunch Kenzie ate about half of her mashed potatoes and dinner roll and all of her canned cherries and chicken.

One of the things we always ask the kiddos when they want to go wash after meal is if there mouth is empty.  That way we don't have to worry about them choking by playing with food in their mouths.  We have noticed the last couple weeks that when Kenzie is done she will automatically open her mouth to show us it is gone. Today it was extra cute when she announced to Gary loudly, "I'm all done" and then immediately tips her little head up to him and opens her mouth wide.  : ) 

Kenzie was walking around singing "oats, peas, beans and Riley grows" today instead of "barley".  It cracked me up.  I thought I had heard he do it one other time, but wasn't sure.  This time there was no mistaking it!  ; )
 
Kenzie had a play fork today and was walking around the room with her fork out asking, "Ya want carrot cake?" to first one person then another. 

We played a game called "Hug a Bug" today.  We have played it plenty in the past, but we felt this group of kiddos have been too young to do it until now.  It is similar to 'Musical chairs' in theory, but helps the kiddos with spacial issues and build friendships.  We play dance music and then when we stop the music we announce "Hug a bug!  Find someone to hug nicely!"  They then each find a friend to give a hug and we turn the music on.  They really enjoyed it, but tired of it quickly.  Definitely something we will try again. 

Kenzie was dry all morning.  I put a pull-up on her before nap and she pooped in it right away.  I don't know if she was actually waiting for it to poop, but it sure seemed like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment