Kenzie ate all only a few bites of her oatmeal and fruit at breakfast. At lunch she ate about half of her hash brown casserole and all of her mandarin oranges and biscuit.
When I sat down today do do journals, I realized I really didn't have very many notes for most of the kiddos from either day, so I decided to combine the two. Kenzie actually had more than anyone (and the greater difference between the two days).
Kenzie has been doing a super nice job of including Thomas (and sometimes Aaron) in much of her play even with her other friends. She invites in to play and then will l one him out as to his role or what he is supposed to do.
She was being Emily's beautician again yesterday. Thankfully, she didn't have real scissors, because she was really getting after it. She had ahold of all of her hair in one hand and was kiind of pounding on where the cutting would be happening, saying trim, trim, trim".
Kenzie was playing along and suddenly announced, "We need to clean up this mess" talking about all of the books and other toys that SHE and a couple friends had piled in the box.
Kenzie has been asking others if they are okay, even when she wasn't involved, giving hugs, and otherwise being sweet to her friends more lately.
I don't know if Kenzie heard us talking about how good she was doing this morning or what, but she had a very challenging time being a good friend after breakfast--two light bites and many pushes and hits. It must have been too much pressure for her! : ).
She had several moments of being her fun and friendly self such as when she was reading books to Riley and Thomas,
and when she invited Aaron to play in the "car" she and Joslyn had built together.

No comments:
Post a Comment