Kenzie ate almost all of her rice and most of her her raisins at breakfast. At lunch she ate all of her meatloaf and French bread, about half of her apricots and a couple bites of carrots.
Kenzie and I were looking at one of the posters in the big room. She was wondering what the letters on it were, so we were talking about the difference between big letters and small letters. I showed her an small "I" and she showed me a big "I" (which happened to be an exclamation point--upside-down I).
Kenzie wanted to be right with me, no matter what I was doing this morning -- getting baby bottles, rinsing out the bottle, putting Reid to bed, getting my tea, making a phone call... I had to work hard to convince her I wasn't going to let her come into the bathroom with me when I had to use it! Like Riley, I think it is just because she has been "feeling like crumb" much of the last three days.
Joslyn has kind of taken Morgan's place as Kenzie's 'frienemy'. They vacillate drastically between playing together great and then switching to even physically fighting like cats and dogs.
When we went to the back room, Kenzie immediately asked if I would help them make a train. I told them I would, then noticed that the floor where it would fit best was literally full of Duplos. I facilitated Duplo pick up time first before we started building. She, Joslyn and Riley both picked up the Duplos, then brought the big blocks and helped build it like troopers. As soon as it was completed, Kenzie took her place as the engineer and wasn't about to relinquish it for anything!

No comments:
Post a Comment