Wednesday, March 16, 2011

3/16/2011

Kenzie has had a great day!  She wasn't fussy at all before breakfast, so she ate with us (whole wheat bagel and peaches) and actually ate quite a bit.  After breakfast I gave her a bottle and she drank about 5 ounces then went down for a short morning nap (about an hour).  At lunch we offered her corn and macaroni and cheese with ham bits in it.  She nibbled on a couple kernels of corn, but loved the mac and cheese with ham and had seconds.  She drank some of her juice also.  She also drank 5 ounces of her bottle before going down for her seconds nap.

Kenzie's poor little nose ran thick, green and steady before breakfast, but seemed to be better after her morning nap.  Before breakfast we must have wiped it at least 12 times and it was nearly down to her lip every time.  Poor little thing!  it didn't seem to be bugging her though and she acted just fine.  Her little eyes actually look much better than I thought that they have for several days.  I'm so glad!

Kenzie walked up to Bode and just wrapped her arms around him today in a hug.  He is very sweet to the little ones and she likes him a lot.  He loved it, hugged her back and bent down and kissed the top of her head.  It was quite precious!  : )

When I was feeding her the morning bottle, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get her to drink anything because she was having such a difficult time breathing, but after the first minute or so, she seemed to get a rhythm of sucking and breathing that worked for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment